Chapter 64. Animals
§ 64-3. Permitted animals.
Any person is permitted to maintain, keep or possess within the Township of Upper Dublin any of the following animals, which classifications shall be strictly construed:
- Cage birds (the term includes parakeets, parrots, canaries, finches, love birds, mynah birds and other birds ordinarily kept in cages in households; it excludes wild birds captured or rescued and kept in cages).
- Cats (Fells catus).
- Cows (Bos taurus), beef and dairy; subject to zoning.
- Frogs (Salientia).
- Dogs (Canis familiaris), including prairie but excepting dingoes.
- Goats (Capra hircus), subject to zoning.
- Goldfish and carp (Cyprindae).
- Guinea pigs (Cavia cobaya).
- Hamsters (Cricetus and Mesocricetus).
- Horses and ponies (Equus caballus), subject to zoning.
- Lizard (Sauna, except those listed under animals prohibited in the township, § 65-5).
- Mice, white (Mus musculus).
- Mink, subject to zoning.
- Poultry (ducks, chickens, swans, geese, turkeys, guinea fowl and pigeons kept for show or racing), subject to zoning.
- Rabbits, restricted to European type rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus), commonly kept as pets or livestock.
- Rats, white (Rattus norvegicus).
- Salamanders (any tailed amphibian).
- Sheep (Ovis aries), subject to zoning.
- Snakes, nonpoisonous and native to the Township of Upper Dublin.
- Toads (Salientia).
- Tropical fish, limited to those customarily maintained in a household aquarium except piranhas.
- Turtles (Chelonia).
- Llamas and alpacas (Lama), subject to zoning.
- Ferrets (Mustela furo).
Article IV. Accessory Buildings, Structures and Uses [Amended 10-14-1986 by Ord. No. 713]
§ 255-26. Agriculture.
Uses accessory to agriculture shall include:
- The keeping, breeding and management of livestock and poultry, but in such quantities and to such extent as are customarily incidental to the principal use, provided that the principal use is conducted on acreage of five or more acres.