West Pikeland Township
SECTION 1002. ACCESSORY USE
- Keeping of livestock traditionally classified as domestic farm animals (e.g., horses, poultry, etc.), as pets on lots less than five (5) acres in size within the RC-Residential & Conservation District and the RD-Residential Development District subject to the following provisions:
- The lot housing large domestic animals of six hundred (600) pounds or more shall have a minimum lot area of three (3) acres.
- Where large animals are permitted, such lots shall not have more than two (2) large animals on a three (3) acre lot, with one (1) additional large animal permitted for each additional one (1) acre.
- Lots housing small farm animals or poultry shall have a minimum lot area of three (3) acres; such lots shall not have more than eight (8) small animals per three (3) acres.
- Stables and shelters shall be set back at least one hundred (100) feet from any property line and at least two hundred (200) feet from an existing dwelling other than that of the property owner. Manure storage shall be located at least one hundred (100) feet from any lot line, stream, wetland, or other body of water. No manure may be stored within a swale or drainage way, nor located so as to drain onto adjacent land. All storage and handling of manure shall comply with applicable state and federal regulation.